Home of Avid Collectors of Aggregated Ideals...Widecasting via Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook, Tweetcasting, Pinteresting, Meddling, and generally Stumbling Upon and sharing all that's there to learn because an informed voter is a better voter.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Finding Home

"With Malice Towards None, With Charity For All"
(Mountain State Collector, 2011)
Hi, I'm Lisa Lindo, and I guess I'm a policy geek.  I mean, how can any red blooded American with a keyboard turn down a front row seat these days to history? As no generation before could ever do, globally, instantly?

I certainly couldn't.

The last 7 years have been like a doctoral thesis of history study and world travel. Fortunate, I know, I'm fortunate. To spend so much time absorbing and sharing with those who also love following CSPAN radio...what more could a girl ask for?  Friends, who, if given the opportunity, would carry Rachel's books home.  I mean if she asked.

We are discussers and debaters, sometimes fed up but always engaged. Book readers and paper turners. We are awake and involved in the process, and occasionally manifest as a listener of bars and sitter of lobbies. When you speak a few languages it's fun to eavesdrop.

(Cardcow.com, 2011)

Then two years ago I moved to D.C., so I've been in heaven.

During this fabulously historic period, it's nothing short of patriotic to pay attention, self educate, and share what you are taking in. So check out our list of vital links and maybe find something you wanted to know more about.  A more informed voter is a better voter, we always say, and therefore more likely to vote. And despite all evidence to the contrary, I still believe in the electoral system.

The Policy Geek
Lisa Lindo
thepolicygeek@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment